Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Enough already!


I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of hearing all this financial stuff on the news lately. It is just getting sickening and depressing, and there's really no reason for it. Especially all the stuff about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.


I mean, really. I like Fannie Mae's candy as much as the next guy. The assorted creams in particular are excellent. I know their decision to sell out and close some shops in Chicago was bad, but I hardly think it was the cause of all our nation's financial woes. There's always Dove, and even Russell Stover isn't too bad if you hold your nose when you eat it.


As for Freddie Mac, well, sorry, but the man is dead. I know Judge Smails didn't like him, but I think we should let him rest in peace. It's really easy to blame someone who's dead for your financial troubles because he's not around to defend himself. But seriously, Mr. 300 was a pretty good movie. It's no Bull Durham or Field of Dreams, and I personally think it's a cut below Mr. Baseball, that Tom Selleck movie where he goes to Japan and bangs the daughter of the team manager. But it's at least as good as Major League 3, and I think it's better than that other piece of shit baseball movie Kevin Costner made where he's a pitcher not too long ago, even if it was directed by Sam Raimi who usually does a pretty good job. Besides, he was in all three of the Ocean's movies so you have to give him that.


I say let sleeping dogs lie. Quit blaming chocolate companies and dead comedians for your troubles. And let's have some happy news for a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're almost more crazy than Roadrage!!

Ty Cobb said...

We're each special in our own way.