Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Related Stupid Oil News ...

Sometimes, the stupid things I hear about the high cost of oil just make me want to scream.

Case in point, today, in a report by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission -- that's right, the frickin' Commodity Futures Trading Commission -- the high cost of oil is being put on "fundamental supply and demand factors."

Gee, I wonder if the results of that report are a wee bit biased. Why the hell do reports like this even get coverage from the media? Of course the CFTC is going to cite supply and demand as the issue behind high oil prices, because then they can continue to rape the American public by artificially jacking up the price of oil.

Isn't this report similar to what the tobacco industry told us back in the 60s, when they said their research conclusively showed that cigarettes don't cause cancer? It makes me want to pull out the few remaining hairs I have in my head.

I've said it in this blog before, and I'll say it here again -- current oil reserve levels are higher than they have been at any point over the last 15 years. If were following the law of supply and demand, as the CFTC reports, gas prices should be about a buck a gallon, based on the prices we were paying prior to January 20, 2001.

RoadRage

No comments: