Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick the person you drive next to

I have at least a 45-minute drive to and from work every day. Bumper-to-bumper traffic and drivers who go 15 miles under the speed limit really make my blood boil.

But, what makes it even worse is seeing someone going elbow deep in their nose for their daily cleaning.

These people just gross me out (I'm looking at you Smails). And, while many women complain that it's always men who are doing the deed -- nose picking is an equal opportunity pastime, judging from what I see on the nation's highways.

And, why does it have to happen in the car? I never see people gasping for air while they are driving, so I'm guessing in almost all cases, it isn't an emergency.

How hard is it to wait until you get home to clean out your nose? That way you can take care of it however you want -- whether it's blowing your nose, spitting, digging with a Kleenex or just going for the straight, classic pick. As long as you're not grossing me out, I could care less how you do it -- just keep the drive home clean, and stop making my ride suck!

RoadRage

1 comment:

Judge Smails said...

When I used to commute every day to work, I contemplated snapping pictures of all the motorists digging for dust puppies and making a coffee table book, but I found it hard to steer, shift, work a camera and pick my nose all at the same time.

Think about the gold those auto detailers find on a daily basis!

Not a pick! Wasn't a pick! No pick!