Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quit smoking! I did. Now you suck!

I have never smoked, but I grew up with a family of smokers and have had a lot of friends who have smoked. I have always felt it was my duty to annoy the hell out of the smokers I care about to get them to stop.

What ticks me off are ex-smokers who come down on people who haven't given it up yet.

These ex-smokers that I have seen don't come down on current smokers because they care about their physical health. Those who are worried about falling back into the habit themselves, are usually pretty nice about it. It's the others -- those who all of a sudden find smoking disgusting -- that are really over the top ass clowns.

They say things like: "How can you smoke in the house around other people? Why do you have to get up to leave the table to smoke every two minutes; can't you wait? Don't you care about what you are doing to others with your second-hand smoke?" and "Smokers are disgusting. Oh, you smoke ... sorry, but you're disgusting." But my favorite is when they say, "Look at what you are doing to the other members of your family." Classic -- all of a sudden they care about the affect of smoking on people close to them.

Funny how these ex-smokers never thought twice about what they were doing when they were turning their lungs black and ignoring the Surgeon General's warning on the side of their third pack of cigarettes for the day.

For you pious ex-smokers out there, it's not the smokers who suck, it's you!

RoadRage

1 comment:

Judge Smails said...

Worse yet are the strangers who walk up to you and ask for a cigarette, and you're not even smoking one at the time.