Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do You Have Anything to Stop My Coffin?

As a frequent traveler, I've had my luggage lost by the airlines. It's a total pain in the tail, because your life has been hijacked by the airlines. Now I do what I can to not have to travel with anything more than a carry on, especially if I am transferring flights en route to my final destination, but no matter how lost my luggage ever winds up, it won't match up to what happened to an Ecudaorian man recently.

Miguel Olaya was having the remains of his wife shipped to their native Ecuador and American Airlines lost the body somewhere along the way. Now I can understand a piece of luggage being left on the tarmac or in the baggage transfer area somewhere, but wouldn't you think something like a transportable coffin would be something that would stick out to even the most rookie of baggage handlers? I just imagine a salesman standing as the last person in the baggage claim area in Kansas City, watching as the only piece of luggage that keeps making its way around the baggage mover is a coffin.

Judge Elihu M. Smails

No comments: