Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's all about you and your spawn


Couldn't believe this one yesterday. I went to lunch with a new co-worker as part of her orientation. We decided to go to Potbelly because they have some outdoor tables and it was a gorgeous day.


Everything was moving along fine. Ordered my sandwich, got my chips and cookie, paid at the register, got my cup for the fountain drink. And that's when I ran into yet another person who sucks.


When I got to the soda dispenser, the only one in the restaurant by the way, what do I find but an enormous baby stroller parked right in front of it. The damn thing was about the size of a '53 Buick, and was blocking access to every type of drink. The guy in front of me sort of reached around the thing to get some ice and his drink. Not me, though. I just grabbed the handle and pulled it back out of my way so I could use the fountain normally.


How ignorant is it for that lady to just park the thing right in front of the dispenser? Why not park it next to your table so it's at least out of the way for the rest of us? Or better yet, since this is the suburbs and the restaurant is no more than 50 feet away from parking, how about leaving the fucking monstrosity in the car? I'm sure Junior can get by walking for 50 feet. If you need a place for a smaller child to sit while you feed your face, try a baby seat. You can put it on the seat right next to you.


Ol' Ty had small children once upon a time, and he never would've thought to inconvenience the rest of humanity in the way you did lady. I know you think it's all about you and your spawn, but it's not. Take one of the quarters you got back after paying for your sandwich and buy a clue.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ditto for the morons in the grocery store that leave their shopping carts right smack dab in the middle of the aisle!