Sunday, August 24, 2008

May the Forks be With You .. or You Can't Eat

As you can tell, RoadRage is in a sour mood today, and it really started on Friday when my wife called me on my way home from work.

Apparently, my son was at school on Friday and had forgotten to bring in some plastic ware, so that he can eat the lunch his mom sent with him to school.

So, my son asked lunch lady Doris if he can have a fork -- her answer was no, because he hadn't ordered a hot lunch. Rather than give my son the one-cent fork, so that he could eat his meal, Doris would prefer he go hungry (and this was a particular messy meal that could not be eaten without a fork).

No matter that my wife has been volunteering her time for the last seven years to help out his and our daughter's teachers; has gone on countless field trips to chauffeur, and has spent money at every book sale, bake sale and every other event the school has hosted over the past seven years to raise money.

Until I get a written apology from the school and the lunch lady, my wife will not be doing any volunteer work and instead of spending money on the upcoming school events, we'll be buying plastic ware so that my son doesn't have to go hungry at school.

I guess that sounds like I'm blowing this thing out of proportion, huh? Yeah, maybe you're right...

No, screw 'em ... if they don't have the common decency to help their students, why should I care? I know that a good portion of the money we raise goes to assist those in our district who our less fortunate than us, and I'm all for that -- just start giving all the students some common courtesy, you cheap bastards!

RoadRage

6 comments:

Judge Smails said...

There are people less fortunate than you?

I hope you filed a complaint with the school. If you don't get a written and phone apology from the principal, I suggest you next go to the school board and then the local media. How hard would it have been for someone to just give the kid a fork? This is just silly.

Anonymous said...

Stupid lunch lady !

Unknown said...

wow, i agree with smails, I hope you contacted the school. Reminds me of when I was a little tot. My summer school teacher said no one could use the bathroom until all the toys were put away. All the toys were put away and I asked her if I could go to the bathroom. She said no. So I went back to my table and had a little accident...ok, a big accident. Needless to say mom never sent me back.

Ty Cobb said...

What a bunch of morons. Too bad English is your first language. If you were a minority you could sue the school for discrimination and make a boatload of money.

You might want to contact the Principal and ask for a little sit-down with the lunch lady and him so she can explain in front of her boss why she wouldn't let a little kid use a fork. Then, if it's a school rule, you can unload on both of them.

This is just one more indication that the school system is flawed, though. They live in their own little world, not subject to the rules of society or accountability. If they had to run their schools like a business, where customers could go elsewhere if they were dissatisfied, a lot of these pricks would be out of jobs.

Anonymous said...

That woman has no business being anywhere NEAR children. She is mean-spirited, lacks any sensitivity and is worse than Marie Antoinette who at least let them eat cake!!

Anonymous said...

ty cobb,

Good comment.
Have the money follow the child.