Sunday, June 8, 2008

For Crying out Loud!!

I went to my little girl's dance recital today. During the three hour show, my daughter performed for three minutes. Good times...

Most of the classes were great, and I actually enjoyed the performance. My problem was with the audience. One mom and dad had their whole family there, and their two toddlers started to cry, profusely. With nowhere to go but out, they were stuck at the recital until their kids were able to work through their problems.

Now, I'm a Roman Catholic, and people of other faiths have a lot of well-founded complaints about the Catholic church. But they have got at least one thing right -- the Cry Room. Whenever a baby starts crying enough to disturb the service, their parents bring them to a private room called the Cry Room until they get it all out, saving other parishioners from the annoyance.

I think they should start instituting the Cry Room in every public venue -- movie theaters, restaurants, baseball games and on airplanes, for example. That way parents won't be embarrassed, other attendees/passengers/customers won't be annoyed, and the kid could have a good cry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all could benefit from a cry room at work.