Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh Great ... Born Agains

I have been a Christian my whole life. I've never bugged anyone with my beliefs, and if someone else is Jewish, Muslim, or any other religion, I don't bash them over the head with my views telling them they're wrong for having different beliefs than mine.

So. why is it that when someone is a Born Again Christian, they take it upon themselves to bash the religious views of everyone else, including those that share their views -- just not to the annoying level that they do?

One time, one of these Born Agains came up and asked me if I have accepted Jesus as my personal savior. My response: "Of course. Now get out of my face before I kick you to the curb, jackass!"

I mean, c'mon. Is there anything more annoying than having a complete stranger come up to you to talk about religion? If there's a purgatory for people who bug the shit out of you, the Born Agains can fill up the East wing for eternity.

No comments: